Navigation Bar

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Beauty Tips on a Budget - #1 - Spots

I am a 30odd year old mummy and I still get spots!
These are my tricks I have learnt over the years on treating, getting rid and covering up spots. 
I am by no means a beauty expert - this is just what ive picked up and leant over the years that works for me. 

Most of my spots are either hormonal and pop up at a certain time of the month or due to forgetting to take my makeup off. I know - one of the worst sins in beauty (slap my wrists now) but it happens quite a bit due to falling asleep on the sofa most nights and only waking up enough to crawl upstairs have a pee, brush my teeth and crawl into bed. 

So here are the products I use...


St Ives fresh skin Apricot Scrub



Sudocrem (yes! The nappy rash cream)



Nivea face cream depending on the time of day, either the daily express hydration primer or the regenerating Night Cream.



Rimmel BB Cream

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Collections Loose Powder.



Firstly when I get a spot/spots, I use the StIves Apricot Scrub and scrub at the area with my fingers to take off the spot if possible. Then I pat dry with a towel and apply a big dollops of sudocrem to the area. If I'm staying in I will leave a big dollop on my face, (unless my babies come and lick it off my face) adding more when I go to bed. 

If I am going out I will take off the sudocrem when I start to get ready and moisturise with my Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer,  not neglecting the spot area. I find that moisturising the actual spot doesn't make it worse and makes the skin Softer for the next time I scrub at it and more likely to come off. 

Next step is to conceal, I don't have a favourite concealer but Rimmels wake me up concealer in soft beige, is the one I'm using at the moment and I do like it. To me a concealer is a concealer, of it conceals then great of it doesn't then find another. This one works for me. Over my
Concealer I use my Rimmel BB cream in light and then over the top of that I put a touch of loose powder to set it all
In place. 

That is my beauty tip on getting rid of spots or just covering them up. Hope I've given some tips and advice...I would love to hear yours... Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment