Navigation Bar

Thursday 30 April 2015

Tips for getting Toddlers to eat Veg

Toddlers are fussy little eaters. And mine are no exception! I did my best to get him to like vegetables. Oliver was weaned on a wide variety of different vegatables. He loved broccoli, broccoli was his favourite along with carrots swede turnips. 

At one time he loved mash potato, every meal had to have mash with it, then all of a sudden over night he refused mash, Wouldn't even look at it. One day he'll eat all his meat and not touch his potatoes, next it's his potatoes and not his meat. One day he loves pasta next he
Won't touch the stuff. One day he loves rice next it's all over the floor!

Same with my little lady, one day she loves peas, she will pick them up one by one and eat them one by one and clear her plate then all of a sudden she doesn't want them and they're all over the floor in disgust at giving them to her. She loves broccoli at the moment though. 

Oliver loves fruit and hates veg, and Ava is the opposite.

Can never win!

I have picked up a few tricks in my attempt to get veg down them. 

If I make a spag Bol/ lasagne, risotto, text I pack it full of grated veg such as courgettes, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms and butternut squash, so that it's spoon easy to eat.

I find that homemade soups such as...

Leek and Potato
Carrot and Butternut Squash
Mushroom...



Go down a treat with some Kingsmill Tasty Whole meal Toast.

My kids also seem to like raw veg such as carrot sticks and yellow peppers to chomp on throughout the day. 

I also change the size of the pieces I give depending on changing moods. 

I don't let them think they've got away with not eating veg. Even when I packy spag Bol full of grated veg I will stick some more on the side and try and insist that they eat it. 

I would love to hear more suggestions on feeding fussy toddlers so get in touch.

Vicki and Family x

No comments:

Post a Comment